'Going Abroad during the crazy times of 2020'


Hi, I’m Anna a 22-year-old female from a Small town in western Germany. 2020 was supposed to be a great year...little do I knew! I was about to plan my semester Abroad in Australia but life is unpredictable and so everything came other than planned.

Once it got obvious that my semester abroad in Australia is cancelled I had to decide either to postpone or come up with a plan B.

And so I arrived here in Dublin, Ireland. But let me tell you I really fell in love with this city!!


During my first two weeks in Dublin, I had to quarantine because Germany was not on the green list of Ireland. That means I was only allowed to go out for Walks and for grocery shopping...

But I was very lucky with the weather and so I had a lot of time to explore the many beautiful places around Dublin.


Phoenix Park is definitely worth a visit! You can stroll around and enjoy nature or have a picnic with friends and family surrounded by the deer’s that are home in Phoenix Park.



If you've had enough of nature and want to see more of the hustle and bustle of the city, just walk through the streets in the city center. You will pass many pubs and cafes where you can sit down and enjoy the local atmosphere.


I enjoyed some great Sunsets in Dublin so if you love Sunsets as much as I do, you should definitely go for a walk along the river Liffey towards the Harbour of Dublin. On your walk, you will see how the architecture changes from buildings that have existed for centuries to new modern buildings.


Back to those sunsets! Just stand on one of the many bridges among the river that connects North and South Dublin. From there you have a great view over the river and the city and you can watch the sun go down slowly.
 


Have you been to these places already or definitely want to go there after reading this? Let me know below and tell me about your experiences you made in Dublin and if there is a place I have to visit. 

Next week Kaitlyn will tell you about some great places you can go if you’re in the mood for a night out. So stay tuned, there is a lot more coming about life in Dublin!
Anna Klassen








Keywords: #abroad, #travel, #semesterabroadindublin, #phoenixpark 















Comments

  1. Great read, I must go to Phoenix park when I visit 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo’s from the Phoenix park. I love the Phoenix Park! Not too far from where the deer there is a great coffee stand which serves several different type of coffees, hot chocolates, yeas and even wine, whatever you fancy along with lots of baked goods and they have lots of outdoor seats.

    The pubs in Dublin have such a great atmosphere and you’re so right about them Dublin sunsets they’re so beautiful! If you walk out onto the Ha’penny bridge when the sun is setting you can get a great view of the sunset while it reflects onto the river Liffey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Phoenix Park! A perfect green space in the city. It's actually the largest enclosed public park in any capital city in Europe. It was originally formed as a royal hunting Park in the 1660s and opened to the public in 1747 and the deer are still there. I love the picture of them. How did u get so close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a gorgeous spot! And beautiful coffee spots around, I try get to the Phoenix park most days as it’s close to where I live! Absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and informative read, I never think of going to Phoenix Park when I’m in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant read, very interesting and informative! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written! Makes me want to beam myself to Dublin...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad you managed to find another alternative to your study abroad when you couldn’t travel to Australia, hopefully you’ll have a just as giving experience here as you would have had over there. I love the picture you took in Phoenix park, it really captures the beauty in the scenery. I’ve never been to the harbour of Dublin but I definitely have to go and explore there after reading your post. I love taking strolls through city center and look at all the different cafes and pubs, it’s the best way to enjoy the city properly. Thank you for all the amazing tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to visit Dublin after reading this !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting post! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I arrived to Dublin in August and this city has already stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment