Hey, It’s Anna again. Today I will tell you about some gorgeous places around Dublin, where you can head if you want to leave the busy city behind you for a few hours.
I was really lucky that the Student Union of my College offered us different activities, so we could explore the beautiful surroundings of Dublin.
Then it was time to start our actual hike to the top of the hill. Sometimes it was quite challenging but totally worth it!! The nature is just mind-blowing. You have great views down the cliffs and over the sea. We even saw some dolphins swimming close to the cliffs!
I really like to think back to this day!
The first trip I participated in was to Killiney. It was a very nice day, the weather was just amazing! We walked up the Killiney Hill walk, from where we had a stunning view over the sea and the bay of Dublin. Our walk ended at Vico Bath where all those who wanted could cool down with a jump into the water. Brr, the water had a temperature of about 13 degrees. That was too cold for me but some students actually jumped!
On another trip we made, we went to the Ticknock Mountains where we hiked up the Ticknock forest and then to the peak of the Mountains. At the end of the hike, we were suddenly surprised by a rain shower. But this is typical Irish weather. You can experience all four seasons in one day.
We went on some other Trips as well. For example to Portmarnock Beach and Malahide.
I’m really grateful that I had the opportunity to explore some of the Beautiful Places in Ireland and once the lockdown is over I hope there will be time to explore much more!
Anna Klassen
Keywords: #daytrip, #howth, #killiney, #ticknock, #dublintrips



Great blog Anna! Love the photo’s these locations are so beautiful! I agree the Howth Cliff walk is such a great walk, so relaxing! So easy to access too because of the DART, very handy! Have you seen the movie “Love, Rosie” the movie with Lily Collins and Alex Stewart? The hotel Rosie opens at the end is actually a house in Howth along the cliff walk!
ReplyDeleteThe Vico baths are so fun and relaxing for a swim on a nice day! I agree I definitely wouldn’t jump in to the water when it’s 13 degrees outside! Dublin city centre is always very busy and it’s great that there are these great hike locations so close and easy accessible. – Kaitlyn Nolan
Thank you Anna for all the inspiration
ReplyDeleteLove this post! It really makes me want to explore Ireland! It is such a beautiful country!
ReplyDeleteHi Anna! Couldn't agree more with you about the Howth Cliff Path! I went there a few weeks ago and it was amazing even in a foggy day! Also I'm really eager to visit the Ticknock forest soon! - Júlia Carné
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna for the interesting read! I must also visit those places you visited as the pictures you took look breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteEven though you mentioned the cold water and the rain it seems as though you still were able to enjoy the hikes and see some of Ireland's beautiful scenery. I cannot believe some students actually took a swim in that cold temperature, I would have never been able to do that.
I’m glad we have such an amazing student union that still manages to put together activities even during the ongoing pandemic. It seems like they did a great job organizing the hikes to follow all the restrictions and take the right precautions to ensure you can enjoy yourself while being safe. - Ayat Suhel